Last Updated on November 6, 2023
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy summertime salad? Look no further than Fruity Fran’s famous chicken salad chick dish!
This unique twist on the classic chicken salad is packed full of flavor, protein, and crunchy vegetables that will leave you feeling satisfied after eating. Plus, it’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Read on to find out the step-by-step instructions for making Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick. So let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick?
Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick is a delicious and healthy summertime salad that combines chicken, celery, mayonnaise, spices, and fresh fruit. It’s easy to make with minimal ingredients and prep time, making it perfect for those busy weeknights!
This unique twist on the classic chicken salad provides plenty of nutrients. It’s the perfect balance of savory and sweet flavors that will keep you coming back for more! Plus, it’s a great option for those looking to avoid fried or processed foods.
What does it taste like?
Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick has a unique flavor that is savory yet sweet, crunchy but creamy. The shredded chicken provides the perfect base for the salad, while the fresh pineapple, grapes, and apples add a burst of sweetness.
The celery adds a nice crunch and the mayonnaise helps to keep it all together. The combination of spices gives the dish a savory kick, while the fruit helps to balance out the flavors.
How did I first get introduced to Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick?
I was recently visiting my family in another state, and while out exploring the area we stumbled across a small restaurant called Chicken Salad Chick. It was situated in a quaint location, surrounded by trees and with a large outdoor seating area. We decided to try it out, and as soon as we sat down, the wonderful smell of homemade food wafted through the air.
I instantly decided I wanted to try the Chicken Salad Chick. It was a unique twist on the classic chicken salad that combined shredded chicken, mayonnaise, celery, and fresh fruit. I could tell it was something special just by looking at it!
The taste of the Chicken Salad Chick exceeded all expectations. The creamy mayonnaise coated the chicken and celery perfectly, giving it a savory flavor. The pineapple, grapes, and apples added a burst of sweetness that really set this dish apart from anything else I had ever tasted.
Since my first visit to Chicken Salad Chick, I have been completely hooked! After returning home, I decided to recreate their signature dish with some slight modifications. What resulted was Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick, a delicious and healthy summertime salad that I love to make. It’s the perfect balance of savory and sweet flavors!
If you’re looking for a unique twist on the classic chicken salad, then give Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick a try! You won’t be disappointed! I know it will become a favorite in your household, just like it has in mine.
How to make Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick?
Making Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick is simple and easy! All you need is a few ingredients, some basic kitchen tools, and minimal prep time. Here’s what you’ll need:
You can also read the following lunch recipes:
- Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprouts Copycat Recipe
- Jersey Mike’s Tuna Copycat Recipe
- Ruth’s Chris Chilean Sea Bass Copycat Recipe
- Chicken breast: This will provide the protein and flavor for the dish.
- Celery: This vegetable adds crunch to the chicken salad, while also helping it stay together.
- Mayonnaise: Use Duke’s mayo for its classic flavor and creamy texture.
- Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper: These spices add flavor to the salad.
- Pineapple, grapes, and apples: The fruit in this dish helps to cut the savory flavors.
Place the chicken tenderloins into a large pot of salted water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
Use a hand mixer or food processor to shred the chicken once it has cooked.
In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, celery, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Fold in the pineapple, grapes, and apples until evenly distributed throughout the salad. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Serve the Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick chilled, either on its own or over a bed of lettuce.
– Make sure that your chicken is cooked through before you shred it.
– Feel free to add other ingredients such as nuts or dried fruit for a flavor and texture boost!
– For a more filling meal, serve the Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick on top of toast or in a wrap.
Fruity Fran Chicken Salad Chick Recipe
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- 3/8 tablespoons of Duke’s mayonnaise chosen for its creamy and velvety texture, creating a rich and indulgent dressing that coats the shredded chicken.
- 1/2 large celery rib finely diced, meticulously prepared to add a refreshing and crunchy texture, offering a subtle hint of freshness to the salad.
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder thoughtfully added to infuse the salad with a mild and savory onion flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
- 1/2 pound of chicken tenderloins yielding about 1 cup of shredded chicken if using rotisserie or chicken breast, carefully selected for their tender and juicy meat, providing a protein-packed base for the salad.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder skillfully incorporated to provide a subtle hint of garlic aroma and flavor, adding depth to the dressing.
- 1/8 tablespoons of apples diced, carefully chosen for their crisp and slightly tart flavor, adding a delightful crunch and fruity note to the salad.
- 1/2 pinch of black pepper to taste, thoughtfully added to provide a subtle hint of spiciness, complementing the other flavors in the salad.
- 1/8 tablespoons of grapes halved, meticulously added to provide a burst of natural sweetness and a juicy bite, adding a refreshing element to the salad.
- 1/2 pinch of salt to taste, carefully sprinkled to enhance the flavors and balance the overall taste of the salad.
- 1/8 tablespoons of fresh pineapple diced, skillfully included to add a burst of tropical sweetness and juiciness, offering a delightful contrast of flavors and textures.
- Place the chicken tenderloins into a large pot of salted water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Use a hand mixer or food processor to shred the chicken once it has cooked.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, celery, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the pineapple, grapes, and apples until evenly distributed throughout the salad. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve the Fruity Fran's Chicken Salad Chick chilled, either on its own or over a bed of lettuce.
Serving: 1 serving
Saturated Fat: 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 19g
Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
Trans Fat: 0.1g
Vitamin A: 82IU
Vitamin C: 7mg
What to serve with Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick?
Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick is versatile and can be served in a variety of ways. For instance, it makes for a great lunch or dinner option when served over a bed of lettuce. It also works well as a sandwich or wraps filling, providing plenty of flavor and crunch to any meal.
If you’re feeling creative, try serving Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick as a dip. You can simply place the salad in an oven-safe dish and top it off with some grated cheese or crumbled bacon before popping it into the oven for a few minutes.
Serve it with an assortment of crackers or crispy vegetables, such as celery sticks and carrot slices, for a delicious appetizer or snack. You can also top it off with some chopped nuts or your favorite herbs for an extra flavorful kick!
How to store leftover Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick?
Any leftover Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick should be stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to three days.
When you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply remove it from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Most women can eat Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick during pregnancy as long as the ingredients used to make it are fresh and safe. Make sure to use pastured, organic chicken that is free from antibiotics and hormones.
Also, watch out for any added sugar or sodium in the mayonnaise you’re using. It’s best to opt for a low-sodium or sugar-free version. It’s also important to check the expiration date on the mayonnaise before using it as well.
How can I make this dish vegan?
You can easily make Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick vegan by substituting the chicken for tempeh or tofu. You may also want to opt for plant-based mayonnaise as well.
Is this dish gluten-free?
Yes, Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick is gluten-free as long as all the ingredients used to make it are certified gluten-free.
Can I freeze this dish?
Unfortunately, Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick doesn’t freeze well. It is best made and eaten fresh.
Thank you for reading about Fruity Fran’s Chicken Salad Chick! This delicious and healthy summertime dish is sure to become a favorite in your household.
With its creamy mayonnaise, savory flavors, and sweet fruit, it’s the perfect balance of flavor and texture.
Try it out today and enjoy! Please share this article with your friends and family if you found it helpful!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Del Taco Secret Sauce Copycat Recipe
- Captain Rodney’s Dip Copycat Recipe
- Dr Berg’s Keto Bread Copycat Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.