Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Are you looking for a lunch recipe? Make sure you try Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts. It is a delicious side dish that goes perfectly with sandwiches, burgers, or as a snack. This recipe is very easy to make and also quite healthy.
If you want to learn how to make this scrumptious dish, then keep reading.
Table of Contents
What Is Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts?
Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts is an Asian-inspired main dish. It is made with roasted Brussels sprouts and a flavorful Sriracha Aioli sauce. The Brussels sprouts are cooked in the oven until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, then dressed with an addictive Sriracha Aioli sauce.
Where Did I First Try Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts?
I first tried Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts at Cooper’s Hawk restaurant in Chicago. I was visiting the city for a few days and wanted to try some local dishes.
The restaurant was highly recommended by friends, so I decided to give it a shot. When I arrived, the place had an inviting atmosphere with cozy booths and dim lighting.
The menu had a variety of options from all over the world, but what caught my eye was Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts. I decided to give them a try and I’m glad I did!
The Brussels sprouts were cooked to perfection, with a nice crunch on the outside but still tender on the inside. The Sriracha Aioli sauce was creamy and flavorful, giving an extra zing of flavor.
It was the perfect mix of sweet, savory, and spicy. The dish came with a side of lime wedges that added even more flavor. I found myself devouring the Brussels sprouts without any hesitation!
When I finished, I was so impressed by how delicious this dish was that I knew I had to recreate it at home.
You can also read the following lunch recipes:
- Jersey Mike’s Tuna Copycat Recipe
- Ruth’s Chris Chilean Sea Bass Copycat Recipe
- Skirt Steak Cast Iron Copycat Recipe
For Brussels Sprouts:
- Pompeian Olive Oil: It adds a subtle nutty flavor to the dish and also helps crisp up the Brussels sprouts.
- Brussels Sprouts: This is the star of this dish! Make sure they’re all roughly the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Cilantro: Adds a wonderful fresh taste to the dish.
- Mint Leaves: Mint adds a refreshing flavor to the dish and helps balance out the other flavors.
- Sriracha Aioli: This is what makes this dish so delicious and unique! The spicy Sriracha flavor complements the Brussels sprouts perfectly.
- Chopped Toasted Cashews: Adds a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to the dish.
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste: Freshly ground black pepper adds a little kick to the dish.
- Kosher Salt To Taste: This is what gives the Brussels sprouts their delicious salty flavor.
- Lime Wedge For Garnish: The fresh lime juice helps brighten up the dish and adds a refreshing flavor.
For Sriracha Aioli:
- Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce: Adds a spicy and flavorful kick to the dish.
- Sesame Oil: This oil adds an earthy, nutty flavor that complements the Sriracha sauce perfectly.
- Dukes Mayonnaise: The mayonnaise helps make the aioli creamy and adds some richness to the dish.
- Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce: Adds sweetness and a little bit of heat to the dish.
- Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice helps brighten up the flavors in this sauce.
- Kosher Salt To Taste: Adds a nice salty flavor to the sauce.
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste: Freshly ground black pepper helps flavor the dish.
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash the Brussels sprouts and cut them into halves. Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle olive oil over them and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine well and spread out evenly. Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce, sesame oil, Duke’s mayonnaise, Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce, and lime juice. Whisk to combine well.
When the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, transfer them into a large mixing bowl and add the aioli mixture. Gently toss everything together until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts onto a serving plate and garnish with cilantro, mint leaves, chopped toasted cashews, and lime wedges. Serve warm.
• Make sure to cut the Brussels sprouts into even pieces so that they cook evenly in the oven.
• Don’t overcook them, as they will become limp and soggy if cooked for too long.
• Make sure to whisk the Sriracha Aioli sauce thoroughly so that all of the ingredients are combined well.
• Let the Brussels sprouts cool slightly before adding them to the aioli sauce, as this will help them absorb the flavors better.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have access to Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce, you can use any other hot sauce of your choice. You can also replace the sesame oil with olive oil or another neutral-flavored oil. If you want a vegan version of this dish, you can use a vegan mayonnaise instead of Duke’s Mayonnaise. If you don’t have any Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce, you can replace it with honey or another sweetener of your choice.
Cooper’s Hawk Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- mixing bowl
- Cutting Board
- Serving plate
For Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Sprigs Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Pompeian Olive Oil
- 2 Sprigs of Mint Leaves
- 4 tablespoon Sriracha Aioli
- 4 tablespoon Chopped Toasted Cashews
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Lime Wedge For Garnish
For Sriracha Aioli
- ¼ cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Saucef
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce
- ½ Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and prepare the Brussels sprouts by washing them before slicing each one in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the halved sprouts on top. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper, then toss everything together until evenly coated. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the aioli, combine Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce, sesame oil, Duke’s mayonnaise, Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Once the Brussels sprouts have finished roasting, transfer them into a large mixing bowl and pour the aioli mixture over top. Toss to evenly coat each piece.
- Serve your warm, roasted Brussels sprouts slaw garnished with freshly chopped cilantro, mint leaves, lightly toasted cashews, and lime wedges for an extra zesty flavor.
- Make sure to cut the Brussels sprouts into even pieces so that they cook evenly in the oven.
- Don’t overcook them, as they will become limp and soggy if cooked for too long.
- Make sure to whisk the Sriracha Aioli sauce thoroughly so that all of the ingredients are combined well.
- Let the Brussels sprouts cool slightly before adding them to the aioli sauce, as this will help them absorb the flavors better.
How to Store Leftover Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts?
Leftover Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in a skillet or oven before serving. When reheating, make sure to add a little oil or butter to the skillet. This will help them stay crisp and flavorful.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely eat Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts. However, it is always best to consult with your doctor before eating any new food.
What can I serve with this dish?
This dish goes great with sandwiches, burgers, or as a side to your favorite main course. It is also delicious on its own as a snack.
How do I make sure the Brussels sprouts are evenly cooked?
When prepping the Brussels sprouts, try to make sure they’re all roughly the same size. This will ensure that they cook evenly in the oven. You can also toss them with a little oil before baking to help them crisp up.
Thanks for reading this recipe on how to make Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts! This dish is full of flavor and aroma, and it can be enjoyed as a side or main course.
It comes together quickly with minimal effort, so you can enjoy it any night of the week. Additionally, since it’s packed with nutritious ingredients, you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging in this delicious dish.
At home or in the restaurant, Cooper’s Hawk Brussel Sprouts is a must-try dish that will tantalize your taste buds with its delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside, they’re sure to become a regular staple in your kitchen. Don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends and family so that they can try it too.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!