Last Updated on June 26, 2023
Gordon Ramsay is known for his fiery temper and demanding kitchen persona, but Gordon Ramsay Tartar Sauce Recipe has people talking. You can make this simple yet delicious dish in minutes and it is perfect for any occasion. Keep reading to learn how to make Gordon Ramsay’s tartar sauce recipe yourself.
Table of Contents
What is Gordon Ramsay Tartar Sauce?
Gordon Ramsay’s Tartar Sauce is the perfect seafood seasoning, combining mayonnaise, diced pickles, capers, and other herbs like tarragon and dill. You are amazed to know that:
- It’s an ideal addition to seafood dishes like fried fish, fried shrimp, or fish tacos.
- You can also use it as a dip for vegetables, crackers, and chips.
- The combination of ingredients gives it a unique flavor that will tantalize the taste buds.
- This tartar sauce recipe has been featured in many of Gordon Ramsay’s cookbooks and television shows.
Its combination of ingredients makes it ideal for countless dishes and appetizers. Once you try this recipe, you’ll want to keep it in your kitchen all the time.
What Does Tartar Sauce Taste Like?
Tartar sauce is typically an off-white color and has a flavor similar to vanilla pudding with other herbs or spices included. Although it shares some commonalities with pudding, tartar sauce is not pudding.
Tartar sauce is a creamy condiment made from mayonnaise, capers, and gherkins. It is often used as a dip for seafood or a topping for burgers and fries.
Tartar sauce has a tangy, acidic flavor that is slightly salty and sweet.
What Are The Things You Need To Make Tartar Sauce?
You can add or remove ingredients to this Gordon Ramsey Tartar Sauce recipe depending on your preferences, but let us explore what makes it delightful as is.
Although this is an 8-ingredient recipe, you may add variations of your favorite ingredients to suit your palate.
Let’s see what makes this savory Gordon Ramsay Tartar Sauce special.
Ingredients (For 4 servings)
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1 small dill pickle, diced
– 1 Tablespoons capers
– 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
– 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-2 Tablespoons chopped onion
– ½ tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
– Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Gordon Ramsay Tartar Sauce?
Gordon Ramsay’s sauce only requires a few ingredients, which is great news for those who are not chefs but still want to make chef-level dishes.
It’s key to get high-quality mayonnaise for this dish, as it is a fundamental ingredient. Heinz Mayo and Best Foods will give you the best results.
Once you have the perfectly creamy mayo for your homemade tartar sauce, consider the dish done. It is that easy to make. For sure, I’m not exaggerating.
To make this dish, start by mixing mayonnaise, lemon juice, onions, Worcestershire sauce, dill pickle, fresh dill, capers, and mustard until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, then pop it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes so the flavors can marry.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
Add cold pickles and fresh lemon juice to get extra crunch and zing in your dish.
How To Store Tartar Sauce?
When ready to use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. To ensure your tartar sauce stays fresh longer, always check the expiration date on the label before consuming it and follow any storage instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Storing tartar sauce is simple.
- Place an airtight lid on the jar or container and keep it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to four weeks.
- If you notice any signs of spoilage, such as an unpleasant odor or visible mold, discard the sauce immediately.
Freezing tartar sauce is another option; simply pour it into an airtight freezer-safe bag or container and freeze it for up to three months.
What Dish Goes Well With Gordon Ramsay Tartar Sauce?
Tartar Sauce’s creamy texture pairs well with a variety of dishes, seafood in particular. While it is most classically served with fish, it can also enhance the flavors of roasted vegetables, chicken or beef dishes, sandwiches, and more.
For example, you can create a zesty coleslaw salad by combining mayonnaise with Gordon Ramsay Tartar sauce and fresh herbs. The flavors of the tartar sauce will bring out the zest in traditional coleslaw without overpowering it.
You can also use it to give your sandwiches an extra kick of flavor by spreading some on a slice of bread before adding the desired meat or cheese.
Tartar Sauce is great for those trying to find ways to spice up their vegetarian diets – adding a tablespoon of Gordon Ramsay tartar sauce to vegetable stir-fry dishes adds great flavor.
No matter how you choose to enjoy Gordon Ramsay’s tartar sauce, its unique blend of herbs and spices makes it an excellent addition.
Can Pregnant Women Eat This?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Gordon Ramsey Tartar Sauce. This tartar sauce is made of simple ingredients that make it a great source of protein and healthy fats and provides essential vitamins and minerals. It also contains probiotics to help support digestive health during pregnancy. However, pregnant women should avoid eating large amounts of tartar sauce.
Gordon Ramsay tartar sauce recipe
- 1 bowl
- 1 Mixer
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise – Creamy and smooth mayonnaise forms the base of the tartar sauce, providing a velvety texture and a rich, indulgent flavor, ensuring a luscious and satisfying sauce for dipping or dressing.
- 1/2 Small Dill Pickle – Crunchy and briny dill pickle adds a refreshing crispness and a delightful tang, infusing the sauce with its zesty, vinegary taste, creating a lively and bright flavor profile.
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce – Rich and tangy Worcestershire sauce adds a depth of umami flavor, enhancing the sauce with its complex taste profile, providing a savory and slightly spicy kick.
- 1/2 tablespoon Capers – Piquant and salty capers bring a burst of briny flavor, offering a sharp, tangy note and a delightful pop of texture, enhancing the tartar sauce with their unique, slightly peppery taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice – Bright and citrusy fresh lemon juice adds a zesty and tangy kick, providing a refreshing acidity that balances the richness of the mayonnaise, elevating the overall freshness of the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Onion – Crisp and pungent chopped onion provides a sharp, savory flavor, adding a satisfying crunch and a mild sweetness, enhancing the tartar sauce with its aromatic depth and texture.
- 1/2 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill – Fragrant and aromatic fresh dill adds a burst of herbal freshness, infusing the sauce with a delightful, garden-like aroma and a subtle anise-like flavor, elevating its overall freshness.
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard Optional – Spicy and robust, Dijon mustard adds a bold, sharp flavor, creating a flavorful contrast and enhancing the sauce with its zesty, slightly spicy kick, offering an additional layer of complexity.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste – Essential for seasoning salt highlights the natural flavors of the ingredients, while black pepper adds a subtle heat, ensuring a well-balanced and harmonious taste in the tartar sauce, enhancing its overall savoriness and spice.
- To make this dish, start by mixing mayonnaise, lemon juice, onions, Worcestershire sauce, dill pickle, fresh dill, capers, and mustard until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then pop it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes so the flavors can marry.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
The nutrition information of Gordon Ramsey Tartar Sauce is as follows:
Calories: 391kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 1gFat: 42g Saturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 25g Monounsaturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 743mg Potassium: 68mgFiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 75IU Vitamin C: 2mg Calcium: 18mg Iron: 1mg
Which mayonnaise is best for Tartar Sauce?
Many different types of mayonnaise are available on the market, but not all of them are suited for making tartar sauce. Most tartar sauces call for acidic mayonnaise with a strong flavor. Some of the better options for tartar sauce include:
• Heinz Tartar Sauce Mayonnaise
• Kraft Tartar Sauce Mayonnaise
• Duke’s Mayonnaise
How long does Tartar Sauce last?
Tartar sauce will typically last between 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
Is it better to serve tartar sauce cold or warm?
Most people seem to prefer tartar sauce when it is served cold. This may be because the cold temperature helps to bring out the flavors of the ingredients and keep them from becoming too overpowering. However, you can serve them at room temperature if that is what you prefer.
Is tartar sauce healthy?
Tartar sauce typically contains mayonnaise, which is high in unhealthy saturated fat. Mayonnaise is also high in calories and sodium. When eaten in large quantities, tartar sauce can increase the risk of obesity, heart disease and high blood pressure. That’s why it’s best to consider tartar sauce as an occasional treat.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Easy chili’s potato soup recipe
- Chick fil a chicken noodle soup
- Puerto Rican tostones fried plantains recipe
- Pollo tropical yellow rice
Thanks for taking the time to learn how to make Gordon Ramsay’s tartar sauce recipe. With just a few ingredients and a few steps, you can have this delicious dish ready in no time. Now that you know how easy it is to whip up this tasty treat, why not give it a try next time you’re hosting dinner? You won’t regret it. Bon Appetit!