Last Updated on November 9, 2023
Would you like to try a delicious and easy-to-make hot dog chili recipe? How about one with an authentic feel? If yes, look no further than the famous Pioneer Woman Hot Dog Chili Recipe. It’s a classic dish that will quickly become your favorite go-to meal!
If you want to learn how to make this delicious chili, ingredients, and cooking directions, don’t miss this recipe.
Table of Contents
What Is a hot dog chili recipe, Pioneer Woman?
Hot Dog Chili Recipe Pioneer Woman is a classic American-style dish made with ground beef, onions, diced tomatoes, spices, and hot dogs.
It is easy to make and incredibly flavorful. The Pioneer Woman’s version of the dish adds her own twist by adding Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and tomato paste.
You Might Also Like These Breakfast Recipes!
- Recipe for Ina Garten Pumpkin Bread
- Ina Garten Potato Kugel Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Pioneer Woman Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Where Did I First Try chili dog recipe pioneer woman?
I first tried the hot dog chili recipe pioneer woman on a trip to the United States. I was visiting friends in San Francisco, and they were making this recipe following Pioneer Woman. I knew I had to try it. The Pioneer Woman’s version of chili was completely new to me – unlike any other chili I’d ever tasted.
I could smell the spices and aromatics as soon as they started cooking, and I was instantly taken back to my childhood when we used to make chili at home.
It was comforting yet exciting all at the same time! The combination of beef, hot dogs, tomatoes, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and chili powder was simply magical.
When I tasted the finished dish, it blew me away! The flavors were so unique and delicious that I knew I had to try making it home.
To my surprise, it was pretty simple to make. All you need is some ground beef, hot dogs, onions, diced tomatoes, spices, and a few other ingredients.
Ingredients For homemade hot dog chili pioneer woman
- Hot dogs: A must-have item is the hot dogs because it gives the chili its signature flavor. Slice the hot dogs into bite-sized pieces for easier eating.
- Ground beef: You’ll also need ground beef to give this chili a hearty texture and taste.
- Onions: Diced onions add flavor and texture to the chili.
- Diced tomatoes: Canned or fresh, diced tomatoes provide more body to the chili.
- Chili powder: It gives the chili its signature flavor to this recipe.
- Smoked paprika: A pinch of smoked paprika adds a smoky flavor to the chili.
- Cumin: Ground cumin gives the chili an earthy, nutty flavor.
- Oregano: Dried oregano provides an herbal and woodsy taste to the chili.
- Worcestershire sauce: Adds a delicious depth of flavor to the chili.
- Tomato paste: Thickens the chili and adds a wonderful tomato flavor.
- Garlic: Fresh or chopped garlic gives the chili an aromatic and intense taste.
- Olive oil: A little bit of olive oil helps sauté all the ingredients together.
- Beef broth: Adds more liquid for better consistency.
- Flour: Thicken the chili for a more creamy texture.
- Kosher salt: Essential for seasoning the chili.
- Ground black pepper: Enhances the other flavors and spices.
Cooking Directions For pioneer woman chili recipe
In a hot Dutch oven or large pot, pour the olive oil and add the sliced hot dogs. Cook on medium-high heat until they are lightly browned.
After your hot dogs are cooked, add the beef, diced onion, flour, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, canned tomatoes (with no liquid removed), tomato paste, beef broth, cumin, garlic cloves, and Worcestershire sauce.
Give it all a good mix so everything is mixed properly.
Boil the chili, then lower the heat to simmer and let it cook for almost an hour. You can serve it with shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, or any other garnish you choose.
• Make sure to brown the hot dogs before adding them to the chili, as it adds more flavor and texture.
• Add all the spices at once at the beginning so that they infuse with each other while cooking.
• Do not add too much chili powder, as it can overpower the other flavors.
• Let the chili simmer for an hour to bring out all the flavors and create a rich, thick consistency.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
You can replace the beef broth with chicken broth if you like. You can also substitute ground turkey for ground beef if desired. Instead of Worcestershire sauce, you can use soy sauce for a similar flavor.
Hot Dog Chili Recipe Pioneer Woman
- Dutch Oven or Large Pot
- serving dish etc
- 1 1/4 pounds of lean ground beef offering a flavorful and juicy meat component that forms the base of the dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika infusing the dish with a smoky and slightly sweet flavor that adds complexity and depth to the overall taste.
- 1/8 tablespoons of tomato paste providing a concentrated and rich tomato flavor that adds depth and richness to the sauce.
- 1/8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil providing a smooth and fruity essence that enhances the flavors of the dish and adds a touch of richness.
- 1/2 cup of beef broth providing a flavorful and savory base that adds moisture and depth to the sauce, resulting in a satisfying and hearty dish.
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt enhancing the natural flavors of the ingredients and bringing balance to the overall taste profile.
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper adding a subtle spiciness and depth to the dish, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion adding a sweet and aromatic element that enhances the overall flavor profile and brings a subtle sweetness to the dish.
- 1/8 cup of all purpose flour creating a thickening agent that helps to bind the ingredients together and create a rich and hearty texture.
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce adding a tangy and savory flavor that enhances the overall taste profile and brings a delightful umami element to the dish.
- 1/2 pound of hot dogs sliced into bite-sized pieces, providing a savory and smoky element that adds a distinct flavor to the dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano offering an earthy and herbaceous note that complements the other flavors and adds a subtle hint of freshness.
- 1 can of diced tomatoes bringing a vibrant and tangy element to the dish, adding a burst of freshness to the overall flavor profile.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin adding a warm and earthy note that brings depth and complexity to the flavors.
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder adding a bold and spicy kick that enhances the overall taste profile and brings depth to the flavors.
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped garlic infusing the dish with a pungent and aromatic note that adds depth and complexity to the flavors.
- In a hot Dutch oven or large pot, pour the olive oil and add the sliced hot dogs. Cook on medium-high heat until they are lightly browned.
- After your hot dogs are cooked, add the beef, diced onion, flour, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, canned tomatoes (with no liquid removed), tomato paste, beef broth, cumin, garlic cloves, and Worcestershire sauce. Give it all a good mix so everything is mixed properly.
- Boil the chili, then lower the heat to simmer and let it cook for almost an hour. You can serve it with shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, or any other garnish you choose.
- Make sure to brown the hot dogs before adding them to the chili, as it adds more flavor and texture.
- Add all the spices at once at the beginning so that they infuse with each other while cooking.
- Do not add too much chili powder, as it can overpower the other flavors.
- Let the chili simmer for an hour to bring out all the flavors and create a rich, thick consistency.
A serving size of Pioneer Woman’s hot dog chili recipe contains
- 215 calories,
- 8g fat,
- 15g protein and
- 24g carbohydrates.
How to Store Leftover hot dog chili recipe pioneer woman?
Leftover hot dog chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw and heat it on the stove over medium-low heat.
can pregnant women eat hot dogs?
The ingredients used to make this recipe are safe for pregnant women to eat. However, it is always best to consult a doctor before eating any food during pregnancy.
Can I make this vegan or vegetarian?
You can easily make this vegan or vegetarian by substituting ground beef for plant-based proteins such as lentils, chickpeas, or beans.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can easily make this dish ahead of time. Just prepare the chili according to the instructions and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When ready to serve, just reheat on the stove over medium-low heat.
Thanks for reading this recipe for making Pioneer Woman’s hot dog chili. This classic American dish is easy to make and incredibly flavorful.
Make sure to brown the hot dogs for extra flavor, and don’t forget to add all the spices at once so they can infuse each other while cooking!
Serve with shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, or any other garnishes you’d like. Also, it would be great if you shared the recipe with your family and friends.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Buttery Breakfast Casserole Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Pioneer Woman Creamy Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Recipe for Homemade Hydroxyquinoline Grapefruit
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.