Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is a flavorful and aromatic curry dish made with chicken, vegetables, and yellow curry sauce. The combination of spices used to make the curry will tantalize your taste buds. It’s easy to make and perfect for a weeknight meal.
You will love the combination of flavors and textures in this delicious dish. Besides, it’s a great way to introduce your family to the amazing flavors of Southeast Asian cuisine.
In this article, we’ll share Trader joes yellow curry recipe, the ingredients you’ll need to make it, and some helpful tips for making the best-tasting yellow curry possible. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry?
You all know that Trader Joe’s is an American chain of grocery stores. They shared a yellow curry recipe on their website using the yellow curry sauce that they highly recommend trying.
This special yellow curry dish combines the flavors of chicken, vegetables, and yellow curry sauce. It’s a delicious combination of spices that tantalizes your taste buds with every bite. The dish is simple to make and perfect for a weeknight meal.
What does it taste like?
Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry has a complex flavor profile. It starts off with a mild sweetness but quickly moves to an intense savory and spicy finish. The chicken is tender and juicy, while the vegetables are cooked to perfection and add a nice crunch. The yellow curry sauce rounds out the flavor, giving it a creamy texture and subtle aroma.
How did I first get introduced to trader joe’s curry sauce recipe?
I was first introduced to trader joes yellow curry when I was reading their blog. They had written about this amazing recipe and I was immediately intrigued. I decided to give it a try, and I’m glad that I did!
Since then, the yellow curry has become one of my favorite dishes to make on weeknights. It’s always an instant hit with my family, and they ask for seconds every time we have it.
What ingredients do I need to make trader joes yellow curry sauce?
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup carrot peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Onion cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups Bell peppers
- 1 cup potatoes peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 11 oz Trader Joe’s yellow curry sauce
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
How to make Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry?
Making Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is easy. You just need to follow these simple steps.
First, you need to cook the rice. For that, use your rice cooker or a pot for cooking the sticker jasmine rice.
Take a large pot from your kitchen. In the pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Now, add the chicken breast and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 5 minutes).
At this point, remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside. Also, add the onion, bell peppers, carrot, and potatoes to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
Besides, you have to add the Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Now, place the chicken back into the pot and bring it to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Your curry is ready to serve. But you garnish with cilantro and mint. Serve the curry over a bed of jasmine rice.
• You can also add other vegetables you like to this dish, such as zucchini, peas, or mushrooms.
• If you don’t have Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Sauce, you can use any yellow curry paste or sauce.
• Be sure to adjust the amount of spice by adding more or less of the curry paste.
Trader Joe’S Yellow Curry Recipe
- Rice cooker or pot
- 1/4 cup of onions cut into 1/4-inch slices, contributing a mild and savory flavor that serves as a foundation for the dish, adding depth and complexity to the overall taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of versatile vegetable oil facilitating the cooking process and allowing the ingredients to develop their flavors, resulting in a delightful and well-balanced dish.
- 1/2 cup of potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices, offering a hearty and comforting element to the dish, providing a soft texture and absorbing the flavors of the curry sauce.
- 1/2 lb of tender and juicy boneless skinless chicken breast providing a lean and protein-packed base for the dish, ensuring a satisfying and wholesome meal.
- 5.5 oz of Trader Joe’s yellow curry sauce a ready-made sauce bursting with aromatic spices and a harmonious blend of flavors, creating a rich and savory sauce that envelops the ingredients.
- 1/2 cup of fragrant jasmine rice known for its delicate floral aroma and fluffy texture when cooked, serving as a perfect companion to the curry, absorbing the flavors and adding a satisfying grain component to the dish.
- 1/4 bunch of fresh cilantro fragrant and herbaceous, providing a burst of freshness and a vibrant green color that enhances the visual appeal of the dish.
- 3/4 cup of vibrant bell peppers adding a pop of color and a delightful crunch, while also infusing a mild sweetness that balances the savory elements of the dish.
- 1/2 cup of vibrant carrots peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices, adding a touch of natural sweetness and a satisfying crunch that complements the other flavors in the dish.
- First, you need to cook the rice. For that, use your rice cooker or a pot for cooking the sticker jasmine rice.
- Take a large pot from your kitchen. In the pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Now, add the chicken breast and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 5 minutes).
- At this point, remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside. Also, add the onion, bell peppers, carrot, and potatoes to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Besides, you have to add the Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Now, place the chicken back into the pot and bring it to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Your curry is ready to serve. But you garnish with cilantro and mint. Serve the curry over a bed of jasmine rice.
Per serving: Calories 305; Total Fat 9 g; Cholesterol 67 mg; Sodium 846 mg; Carbohydrates 25 g; Protein 23 g. Besides, it contains calcium, iron, and potassium.
What to serve with Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry?
Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is deliciously served with jasmine rice and a side of steamed vegetables. It can also be served on its own as an appetizer or party dish, or you can add cooked noodles for an Asian-style noodle dish. Besides, you can also add a side of naan or paratha for an Indian-style meal.
How to store leftover Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry?
Any leftover curry should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months. To reheat, simply thaw overnight and heat over low heat until warm. Also, make sure to reheat until it is steaming hot.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry as long as the ingredients are cooked to a safe temperature. It is important to follow food safety guidelines when preparing and eating meals during pregnancy. Also, you should remember that this dish does contain a large amount of sodium, so be sure to keep portions small and limit your intake.
Can I use other vegetables in this dish?
Yes, you can add other vegetables, such as zucchini, peas, or mushrooms.
Can I use different types of curry sauces?
Yes, you can use any yellow curry paste or sauce. But the taste might not be the same as using Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Sauce.
Is Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, this dish can be made vegetarian-friendly by omitting the chicken and substituting vegetable stock for the chicken stock. You can also add more vegetables of your choice to make it delicious.
Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is a delicious and easy-to-make meal. With its mild yet flavorful sauce, it can be enjoyed by everyone in the family.
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or an impressive party dish, Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is sure to please. Be sure to follow the safety guidelines when preparing and eating the dish.
Please share your experience with us by leaving a comment below.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms (Longhorn Copycat!)
- Longhorn White Balsamic Vinagrette recipe
- Popular Maggiano’s Pomegranate Martini Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.