Last Updated on September 17, 2023
Are you a fan of Applebee’s famous beer cheese dip? If so, you’re in luck! We have the perfect recipe for creating your own homemade version. Our easy-to-follow instructions will guide you through the steps needed to make this indulgent appetizer from scratch. Plus, we’ve included a few tips that will help ensure your dip is nothing short of perfection!
In this article, we’ll discuss the ingredients needed to make this dip, as well as a step-by-step process for bringing it all together. We’ll also answer some frequently asked questions about this recipe and provide a few tips for getting the most out of your dish.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
What is Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip?
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is a rich and creamy appetizer traditionally served with pretzel nuggets or giant soft pretzels.
The dip itself is made from melted butter, Crystal hot sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, blue cheese, beer of your choice (typically a Belgian ale such as Blue Moon), heavy cream, sharp white cheddar, sugar, kosher salt, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and white pepper.
This unique combination of flavors creates a savory dip that is sure to please even the pickiest of palates!
What does it taste like?
This beer cheese dip has a unique flavor that is both creamy and savory. The sharp cheddar, Parmesan, and blue cheese provide a strong base of cheesy goodness, while the Crystal hot sauce gives it a slight kick.
The Worcestershire sauce adds another layer of flavor to the dip, while the garlic powder, white pepper, and sugar help to round out the flavors. Overall, this dip is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
How did I first get introduced to Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip?
I first became acquainted with Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip when I was a teenager. My friends and I would frequently visit the restaurant after school and enjoy an order of pretzel nuggets with the dip as an appetizer.
The combination of flavors in this dish was like nothing else I had ever tasted before, and it quickly became a favorite of mine. I knew that one day I would have to recreate this delicious dip at home, and now I can share my recipe with you!
How to make Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip?
Making Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip at home is easy and straightforward. Here are the ingredients & the steps you’ll need to follow to get started:
You can also checkout the following appetizer Recipe :
- Mango Habanero Scoville Buffalo Wild Wings
- Recipe for Chicken Marsala from Cheesecake Factory
- Recipe for Banh Nam
- Unsalted Butter: This will serve as the base of the dip.
- Crystal Hot Sauce: This will give the dip a bit of heat and flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese: We will use this to add a nutty, savory flavor to the dip.
- Blue Cheese: For an extra dose of cheesy goodness!
- Blue Moon Belgian Ale: This will give the dip a subtle, yet tasty beer flavor.
- Heavy Cream: This will make the dip creamy and rich.
- Sharp White Cheddar: This cheese adds a smooth texture to the dip.
- Sugar and Kosher Salt: To balance out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Corn Starch: This will help thicken the dip.
- Worcestershire: To add a bit of an umami flavor to the dip.
- Soft Beer Pretzel Nuggets or Soft Giant Pretzels: For dipping!
- Garlic Powder and White Pepper: For seasoning.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
Once the butter is melted, add in the Crystal hot sauce and stir to combine.
Add in the grated Parmesan cheese and blue cheese, stirring until melted and combined with the butter and hot sauce.
Slowly add in the beer of your choice, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula to prevent lumps from forming.
Once all of the beer has been added, turn down the heat to low and slowly add in the heavy cream while still stirring with a rubber spatula.
Add in the sharp white cheddar, stirring until melted and combined.
Add a pinch of sugar and kosher salt, as well as the cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and white pepper. Stir until fully combined.
Turn up the heat to medium-high once again and bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to low and let the dip simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it has thickened.
Serve with soft beer pretzel nuggets or giant soft pretzels.
– If you prefer a milder dip, reduce the amount of Crystal hot sauce or omit it altogether.
– If you want to lighten up the dip, use skim milk instead of heavy cream.
– You can also substitute any other beer for the Blue Moon Belgian Ale if desired.
– Make sure to stir the mixture constantly while it’s simmering to avoid lumps or scorching.
– If the dip is too thick, thin it out with a bit of milk or beer until desired consistency is reached.
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- Medium saucepan
- Medium Serving Bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Whisk or spatula
- Few dashes of Crystal hot sauce
- 4 cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tsp bleu cheese
- 5 tsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 bottles blue moon Belgian ale
- 3 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar
- Pinch of sugar and kosher salt
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- soft beer pretzel nuggets or soft giant pretzels
- Sprinkle Garlic powder and white pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the Crystal hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Add in the grated Parmesan cheese and blue cheese, stirring until melted and combined with the butter and hot sauce.
- Slowly add in the beer of your choice, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once all of the beer has been added, turn down the heat to low and slowly add in the heavy cream while still stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Add in the sharp white cheddar, stirring until melted and combined.
- Add a pinch of sugar and kosher salt, as well as the cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and white pepper. Stir until fully combined.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high once again and bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the dip simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- Serve with soft beer pretzel nuggets or giant soft pretzels.
What to serve with Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip?
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is a delicious and versatile appetizer that can be served with almost anything. Here are some ideas for what to serve alongside the dip:
– Pretzels: Soft beer pretzel nuggets or giant soft pretzels are classic accompaniments to this cheesy dip.
– Veggies: Serve the dip with crunchy raw vegetables such as celery, carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers for a healthy snack.
– Bread: Toast up some slices of sourdough or French bread for dipping.
– Chips: Scoop the dip up with potato chips, tortilla chips, or even pita chips for a delicious snack.
– Fries: French fries, sweet potato fries, or even tater tots make for an excellent side dish with beer cheese dip.
– Crackers: Serve the dip with a variety of crackers such as Ritz, Triscuits, or Wheat Thins for a light and crunchy snack.
– Salads: Add a scoop of the dip to your favorite green salad for a boost of flavor.
– Other dips: Serve the beer cheese dip alongside other favorite dips such as guacamole, hummus, or tzatziki sauce.
How to store leftover Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip?
Any leftover Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat it in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed throughout.
If desired, add a splash of beer or milk to thin out the dip before serving.
You can freeze this dip for up to 3 months. Let the dip cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container or bag.
Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating it on the stovetop over medium heat until warmed throughout.
Can pregnant women eat this?
As the dip contains alcohol, it is not suitable for pregnant women. However, if you omit the alcohol and use plain beer or non-alcoholic beer instead, then it should be safe for pregnant women to consume.
Please consult with your doctor before consuming any dish that may contain alcohol.
Can I make this dip in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the beer cheese dip up to one day in advance. Store it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Reheat it over medium heat on the stovetop before serving.
Is this a vegan-friendly dish?
This dish is not vegan-friendly as it contains dairy products. To make this dish suitable for vegans, substitute the cream and cheese with non-dairy alternatives such as vegan cream cheese or almond milk.
How can I make this dish spicier?
To make this dish spicier, add more Crystal hot sauce or a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce. You can also chop up some jalapenos and add them to the dip for an extra kick. Experiment with different ingredients to find the perfect level of spice for your taste buds!
Is this dish gluten-free?
This beer cheese dip is not naturally gluten-free as it contains regular beer, however, you can make it gluten-free by using a gluten-free beer such as Omission Lager or Redbridge Sorghum Beer. Additionally, be sure to use gluten-free crackers and breads for dipping.
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that can be served with almost any side dish. Try it out for your next get-together and make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you’d like to make this dish vegan, gluten-free, or spicier, there are plenty of options for you to customize it just the way you like it.
If you find this helpful don’t forget to share this recipe with your family & friends.
Thank you for reading and enjoy your dip!