Last Updated on October 17, 2023
If you are looking for an easy-to-make dip that will impress your guests, this Chipotle Almond Dip recipe is the perfect choice! With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can whip up this delicious dip in no time.
Chipotle Almond Dip is a versatile and flavorful dip that is perfect for any gathering. The smoky flavor of the chipotles combined with the sweetness of the almonds makes for a delicious and unique dip that’s sure to please!
Here I have the perfect guide to making an incredibly tasty and creamy Chipotle Almond Dip. You’ll learn what ingredients you need, how to make it, what to serve with it, and much more! Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Chipotle Almond Dip?
Chipotle Almond Dip is the most popular dip from the American restaurant chain Chipotle Mexican Grill. It’s a creamy, smoky dip made of roasted almonds, unsweetened almond milk, spices, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
This is a healthy dip that is perfect for entertaining guests, or just enjoying as a snack.
What does it taste like?
The Chipotle Almond Dip is a smoky, creamy dip that has the perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness.
The roasted almonds provide a nutty flavor while the chipotles in adobo add just enough heat to make the dip interesting. The combination of all these flavors creates an incredibly tasty and unique dip.
How did I first get introduced to the Chipotle Almond Dip?
I first heard about Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Chipotle Almond Dip from my friend who was raving about it. She had just tried it a few weeks before and couldn’t stop talking about how delicious it was. I decided to try it out for myself and see what the hype was all about.
We drove to the closest Chipotle location and ordered the Chipotle Almond Dip as an appetizer. When it arrived, I was instantly impressed by the presentation – it looked so delicious! We dug in right away and as soon as I tasted my first bite, I knew why my friend had been raving about it.
The combination of smoky chipotle peppers with sweet almond milk was simply heavenly.
The dip was creamy but not overly thick and had just the right amount of heat to make it interesting.
From that day on, I’ve been hooked on Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Chipotle Almond Dip. It has become a staple appetizer for my friends and family whenever we gather together for dinner or a party. Everyone loves it – it’s always a big hit!
After some time I found the perfect recipe to make this dip at home. And here I am sharing all the details with you so you can enjoy this delicious appetizer in the comfort of your own home!
How to make Chipotle Almond Dip?
Making Chipotle Almond Dip is easy and can be done in just a few steps. All you need is the ingredients & follow the steps:
You can also read the following appetizer recipes:
- Recipe of Barefoot Contessa Swedish Meatballs
- Bierocks Recipe Pioneer Woman (Copycat Recipe)
- Din Tai Fung Cucumber Salad Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Roasted unsalted almonds: this provides a nutty base for the dip.
- Unsweetened almond milk: this adds creaminess to the dip without making it overly thick.
- Sunflower oil: this helps to thin out the consistency of the dip and ensures that all of the ingredients blend together properly.
- Lemon juice: this adds a slight zing to the flavor of the dip.
- Apple cider vinegar: this adds a bit of acidity to the dip that helps to balance out the other flavors.
- Nutritional yeast: this is what gives the dip its cheesy flavor without adding any dairy products.
- Bragg liquid aminos: this is a soy-based seasoning that adds umami and saltiness to the dip.
- Garlic: this adds an additional layer of flavor to the dip.
- Kosher salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika: these spices give the dip its smoky flavor.
- Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce: this is what gives the dip its kick! The chipotles are smoky and slightly spicy.
Soak the almonds overnight. This will help to soften them and make them easier to blend.
Drain the almonds and place them in a food processor. Add the almond milk, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Add the chipotle chilies to the adobo sauce and blend until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
Ready to serve.
-This dip can be served cold or hot.
-If you prefer a spicier dip, add additional chipotle chilies to the adobo sauce.
-For extra creaminess, consider adding a few tablespoons of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
-If you don’t have any almonds, walnuts or pecans can be used instead.
Chipotle Almond Dip Recipe
- Food processor
- 3/4 cups roasted almonds unsalted
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 3/8 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1/8 cup pure sunflower oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 3 tbsp Chipotle chilis
- 1/2 tsp plain chili powder
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Bragg liquid aminos
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Soak the almonds overnight. This will help to soften them and make them easier to blend.
- Drain the almonds and place them in a food processor. Add the almond milk, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chipotle chilies to the adobo sauce and blend until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (50 grams)
Calories: 160 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 310 mg
Potassium 65 mg
Fiber 2 g
Vitamin A 70 IU
Vitamin C 1.2 mg
What to serve with Chipotle Almond Dip?
Chipotle Almond Dip is a perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion. Serve it with:
- Chips: Enjoy the dip with tortilla chips, pita chips, or plantain chips.
- Veggies: Serve it alongside fresh vegetables like carrots, celery sticks, cucumbers, and bell peppers.
- Crackers: Any type of cracker will pair well with this dip – try flavored ones like rosemary garlic for a flavorful twist!
- Breads: Toast some sourdough bread or naan bread serve it with the dip.
How to store leftover Chipotle Almond Dip?
Leftovers of Chipotle Almond Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply place a few spoonfuls into a microwave-safe dish and heat until warmed through.
If you want to freeze it, it will last for up to two months if stored properly. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat as mentioned above.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Chipotle Almond Dip is generally safe for pregnant women to eat in moderation. However, it does contain chipotles which may contain capsaicin – a compound that can cause heartburn and indigestion.
It is recommended to speak with your doctor before consuming this or any other dish while pregnant.
What type of almond should I use to make Chipotle Almond Dip?
It is best to use roasted, unsalted almonds when making this dip. Roasting the almonds will give them a nutty flavor and makes them easier to blend. Unsalted almonds are recommended so that you can control the amount of salt used in the dip.
Can I make a vegan version of this dip?
Yes, it is easy to make a vegan version of this dip. Simply replace the almond milk with a non-dairy alternative such as soy or oat milk. Additionally, you can use vegetable stock instead of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and omit the nutritional yeast if desired.
Can I make this dip without the chipotle chilies?
Yes, you can make the Chipotle Almond Dip without the chipotle. The dip will still be flavorful but it won’t have that smoky kick. If you would like to add some heat, you could substitute jalapenos or habaneros for the chipotle chilies.
Thank you for reading about how to make Chipotle Almond Dip. I hope you enjoyed this and are able to make it at home and enjoy the deliciousness of this dip with friends and family!
With its creamy texture, nutty flavor, and a subtle hint of smoky heat, this dip is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Please share this article with anyone who loves to make and enjoy creative dips.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!