Last Updated on November 22, 2023
Have you ever tried the unique and delicious combination of butter pecan and moonshine? If not, you should definitely give this Butter Pecan Moonshine a try! This recipe is super easy to make, with just a few ingredients, basic kitchen equipment, and 10 minutes of your time.
So, would you like to know what it tastes like and how to create your own Butter Pecan Moonshine? If yes, check out this article. Here, you will learn almost everything about this food. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is Butter Pecan Moonshine?
Butter Pecan Moonshine is a sweet and creamy liqueur made by combining moonshine, butter pecan syrup, dark brown sugar, salted caramel-flavored moonshine, vanilla extract, and water. The result is an amazing blend of deliciously sweet and buttery flavors that will leave you wanting more!
What does it taste like?
Butter Pecan Moonshine has a smooth and creamy texture that is rich in flavor. It has notes of buttery, caramelized pecans, with a hint of sweetness from the dark brown sugar and vanilla extract. The salted caramel-flavored moonshine adds an extra layer of complexity to the flavor.
How did I first get introduced to the Butter Pecan Moonshine?
I was actually first introduced to this drink when a friend of mine asked me to help him make it for a party he was throwing. After tasting it, I was hooked and have been making it ever since!
How to make Butter Pecan Moonshine?
Making this tasty Butter Pecan Moonshine is fairly easy and not as time-consuming as you might think. You’ll need a few ingredients, some basic equipment from your kitchen, and the ability to follow instructions.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cups moonshine
- 4 tablespoons butter pecan syrup
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 oz salted caramel-flavored moonshine
- 1 cup water
Begin by combining all the ingredients (dark brown sugar, moonshine, butter pecan syrup, vanilla extract, and salted caramel-flavored moonshine) in a large pot or slow cooker.
Stir the mixture until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Remove from heat and pour into mason jars or any other container of your choice with an airtight lid.
Allow cooling before covering and storing in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
• Make sure to stir the mixture regularly while it’s simmering to ensure that all of the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
• If you’d like a stronger flavor, add more moonshine or salted caramel-flavored moonshine to the mixture.
Butter Pecan Moonshine Recipe
- Large pot or slow cooker
- Mason Jar
- 2 ounces of salted caramel-flavored moonshine a specialty moonshine variant that infuses your drink with a delightful combination of sweet caramel and savory saltiness, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
- 1/2 cup of water providing a diluting element that helps mellow the intensity of the alcohol and ensures a well-balanced and enjoyable beverage.
- 2 tablespoons of butter pecan syrup a velvety and indulgent syrup that imparts a buttery richness and nutty undertones, enhancing the overall flavor profile with its luscious and creamy texture.
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar a rich and molasses-infused sweetener that brings depth and caramel-like flavor to your concoction, adding a luxurious sweetness that lingers on the palate.
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract a fragrant and aromatic essence that adds a sweet and floral note to the mix, elevating the flavors and contributing to a delightful aroma.
- 2 cups of moonshine a potent and distilled spirit that forms the backbone of your drink, providing a robust and smooth alcohol base that carries the flavors and adds a touch of intensity.
- Begin by combining all the ingredients (dark brown sugar, moonshine, butter pecan syrup, vanilla extract, and salted caramel-flavored moonshine) in a large pot or slow cooker.
- Stir the mixture until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Remove from heat and pour into mason jars or any other container of your choice with an airtight lid.
- Allow cooling before covering and storing in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- Calories: 98 kcal,
- Carbohydrates: 11 g,
- Protein: 0 g, Fat: 0 g,
- Saturated Fat: 0 g,
- Sodium: 3 mg,
- Potassium: 8 mg,
- Sugar: 10 g.
What to serve with Butter Pecan Moonshine?
This delicious butter pecan moonshine can be served as an after-dinner drink or as a dessert. It pairs well with various desserts such as cakes, cookies, and ice cream. Additionally, it goes great with salty snacks such as popcorn or chips.
How to store leftover Butter Pecan Moonshine?
Leftover butter pecan moonshine can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Make sure the container is sealed tightly so that no air seeps in, as this can affect the flavor of your moonshine.
Can pregnant women eat this?
No, it is not safe for pregnant women to drink butter pecan moonshine due to the alcohol content. Eventually, the alcohol can pass through to the baby and cause serious health complications.
Is this recipe vegan?
This particular recipe is not vegan due to the dark brown sugar used in it. To make a vegan version of butter pecan moonshine, simply replace the dark brown sugar with a plant-based alternative such as coconut sugar or maple syrup.
Can I use a different type of moonshine for this recipe?
Yes, you can! You can use any type of moonshine for this recipe such as white lightning, honey shine, or spiced rum.
How strong is this butter pecan moonshine?
The strength of the moonshine will depend on the type of moonshine used and how much is added to the recipe. Generally speaking, this recipe should result in a mild-strength moonshine.
This delicious butter pecan moonshine is the perfect treat for any occasion! Its sweet and nutty flavor pairs nicely with many desserts and salty snacks. Making this recipe doesn’t take a lot of time, so you can whip up a batch in no time at all.
Now tell us, have you ever made butter pecan moonshine before? If not, give it a try and let us know how it goes! Please share this recipe with your friends and family if you think they’ll enjoy it as much as we do. Thank you for your time.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Similar Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Sea of Thieves Grog Cocktail
- Skyrim Mead Recipe Copycat
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.