Last Updated on October 17, 2023
Chicken Bouillon Powder is a delicious, flavorful mix that’s easy to make at home and takes only minutes. It’s the perfect way to add amazing flavor to your soups, sauces, stews, and more!
If you want to try this at home, read on for an easy-to-follow guide for making your own homemade chicken bouillon powder & the nutrition information for it. Here’s what you need to know!
Table of Contents
What is Chicken Bouillon Powder?
Chicken bouillon powder is a powdered blend of seasonings and herbs that can be used to give dishes like soups, stews, and sauces a savory flavor boost.
It’s made with ingredients such as nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, rosemary, and pepper.
This is a great way to make dishes more flavorful without having to invest in expensive herbs and spices.
What does it taste like?
Chicken bouillon powder has a nice, savory flavor that’s similar to chicken broth or stock. It has hints of garlic, onion, basil, oregano, rosemary, and pepper which provide a wonderful depth of flavor.
Generally speaking, it has a savory taste with notes of garlic and onion. It also has hints of sweetness from the nutritional yeast and herbs.
How did I first get introduced to Chicken Bouillon Powder?
I first heard about chicken bouillon powder from my grandmother. She was an incredible cook who loved to experiment with different flavors and ingredients, and she often used powder in her dishes.
I remember helping her make a delicious soup one day that had a wonderfully savory flavor. As we stirred up the broth, she explained how the chicken bouillon powder gave it a unique depth of flavor that made it really stand out.
She showed me how to make the powder at home so that I could achieve the same great taste every time I cooked a soup or sauce. From then on, I knew that this was something I had to try for myself!
So I got to work and experimented with different herbs and spices until I finally came up with the perfect recipe for making my own homemade chicken bouillon powder.
How to make Chicken Bouillon Powder?
Making your own homemade chicken bouillon powder is actually very easy. All you need are a few simple ingredients & follow the step-by-step process:
You May Also Like These Soup Recipes:
- Bertucci’s Sausage Soup Recipe (Copycat version)
- Recipe of Ooni Pizza Sauce
- Ina Garten Lobster Bisque Recipe
- Nutritional yeast: This nutrient-packed ingredient is full of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. It also adds a unique cheesy flavor to the chicken bouillon powder that you won’t get from any other ingredients.
- Salt: You’ll need salt in order to draw out the flavors of all the dried herbs used in this recipe. As with all recipes, we recommend using quality sea salt or Himalayan pink salt.
- Garlic powder: This pungent ingredient adds a great depth of flavor to the chicken bouillon powder.
- Onion powder: Onion powder provides a nice, mellow flavor that helps to balance out all the other flavors in the mix.
- Dried basil: Basil is an herb with wonderful fragrance and flavor. It’s one of the key ingredients for making a great-tasting chicken bouillon powder.
- Dried oregano: Oregano is another essential herb that gives your chicken bouillon powder an unmistakable flavor.
- Dried rosemary: Rosemary has a strong, woodsy flavor that’s perfect to balance out all the other herbs used in this recipe.
- Pepper: Pepper is used to make the chicken bouillon powder nice and spicy. You can adjust the amount of pepper used depending on your preference.
Combine all the ingredients together in a blender until everything is well-mixed.
The powdered mixture is ready to use.
– Make sure to store your homemade chicken bouillon powder in a cool and dry place.
– You can adjust the measurements of any of the ingredients according to your taste preference.
– To give your chicken bouillon powder an extra kick, try adding some cayenne pepper or chili flakes to the mix.
– If you don’t have all of the herbs called for in the powder, you can substitute them with other herbs such as thyme or sage.
– You can also add some turmeric powder to give your chicken bouillon powder an aromatic flavor and vibrant yellow hue.
– Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices until you find the perfect taste for your bouillon powder!
Chicken Bouillon Powder Recipe
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/8 cup dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 cup dried oregano leaves
- 1/6 cup kosher salt
- 1/8 cup garlic powder or fresh chopped/mashed garlic
- 1/8 cup Onion powder to taste
- 1/8 cup teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients together in a blender until everything is well-mixed.
- the powdered mixture is ready to use.
Serving: 1tbsp = 8 oz broth | Calories: 13.1 | Carbohydrates: 2.3g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 591.1mg | Potassium: 72.9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 28.5mg | Iron: 1.1mg
What to serve with Chicken Bouillon Powder?
Chicken bouillon powder is a great way to add amazing flavor to a variety of dishes. Here are some recipe ideas that you can use it:
– Use as a seasoning for roasted chicken or vegetables
– Sprinkle over french fries and potatoes for extra taste
– Use it as a rub on meat and fish
– Use it in marinades for extra flavor!
How to store leftover Chicken Bouillon Powder?
You can store it at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Be sure to label and date your container so that you know when it needs to be replaced.
You can also freeze the powder for future use, just make sure to put it into a freezer-safe bag or container.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy this delicious powder. However, it is important to keep in mind that the sodium content of chicken bouillon powder is quite high so it’s best to use it sparingly.
Additionally, pregnant women should consult with their healthcare provider before consuming any herbs or spices as some may have an adverse effect on fetal development.
Does chicken bouillon powder contain MSG?
No, there is no added MSG in this product.
Can I use this to replace real chicken broth?
Yes, you can definitely use this as a substitute for real chicken broth. It will give your recipes that same great flavor without the need for additional ingredients.
Can I use this to make vegan dishes?
Yes, you can definitely use this to make vegan dishes. Simply replace the nutritional yeast with vegan Parmesan cheese to make a delicious vegan version of this.
Is chicken bouillon powder gluten-free?
Yes, chicken bouillon powder is gluten-free. Make sure to check the ingredients list on the packaging for any potential allergens before consumption.
Making your own homemade chicken bouillon powder is a great way to add amazing flavor to a wide variety of dishes.
Not only does it give you the same great flavor as store-bought powder, but it’s also much healthier and more economical.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try and start experimenting with different herbs and spices to find the perfect flavor for your dishes!
Thanks for reading this article, we hope it was helpful in teaching you how to make your own homemade chicken bouillon powder.
Please share this article with your family and friends so that they can learn about this delicious seasoning as well
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Snoop Dogg Caesar Salad Copycat Recipe
- Hello Fresh Sweet Soy Glaze Copycat Recipe
- Recipe for Cheesecake Factory Pasta Napoletana
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.