Last Updated on November 4, 2023
Wake up your taste buds with this delicious pancake recipe courtesy of everyone’s favorite home renovation star, Joanna Gaines. This simple yet flavorful dish is sure to become a breakfast favorite in no time!
Give it a try today – you won’t be disappointed! Read on to learn how to make Joanna Gaines’ Pancake, what to serve with it, and more.
Table of Contents
What is Joanna Gaines Pancake?
Joanna Gaines Pancake is a fluffy pancake made with simple ingredients like white flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon juice, milk, butter, and eggs.
The combination of these ingredients creates a light yet flavorful pancake that will make you want to get out of bed in the morning!
What does it taste like?
Joanna Gaines Pancake has a light and fluffy texture with a slightly sweet yet tangy flavor from the lemon juice.
The butter used to cook the pancakes gives it an extra layer of richness that will keep you coming back for more. The combination of flavors makes this pancake the perfect breakfast treat!
How did I first get introduced to Joanna Gaines Pancake?
I first got introduced to Joanna Gaines Pancake when I watched one of her episodes on the show Fixer Upper. In the episode, Joanna and her husband Chip were renovating a family’s home.
As part of the renovation, they had to make breakfast for the family – pancakes! They made their own recipe featuring white flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon juice, milk, butter, and eggs.
I was immediately intrigued by the recipe and decided to give it a try at home. I was pleasantly surprised by how light and fluffy the pancakes came out, as well as the delicious flavor the lemon juice and butter added. I’ve been making Joanna Gaines Pancake ever since!
How to make Joanna Gaines Pancake?
Making Joanna Gaines Pancake is easy and quick – all you need is a few simple ingredients & follow the steps below:
You May Also Like These Dessert Recipes:
- Stock’s bakery pound cake copycat recipe
- Orange Cranberry Costco Recipe for Bisconi
- Recipe of Guyanese Cross Buns
- White flour: This is the main ingredient for Joanna Gaines’ Pancake. It helps to keep the pancakes light and fluffy.
- Sugar: This adds sweetness to the pancake batter, balancing out its flavor.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is used to help give your pancakes a rise when they are cooked in the pan.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is used to create a bubbly reaction when mixed with a liquid, which helps make the pancakes light and fluffy.
- Salt: Salt helps bring out the flavor of the other ingredients in the pancake batter.
- Lemon Juice: The acidity in the lemon juice helps give your pancakes an extra zingy flavor.
- Milk: Milk provides moisture and the fat helps make your pancakes light and fluffy.
- Butter: Butter is used to cook the pancakes in the pan, giving them a delicious buttery flavor.
- Eggs: The eggs help bind the pancake batter together, making sure it holds its shape when cooking.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in one large bowl and whisk until well blended.
In a separate medium-sized bowl, add the lemon juice to the milk and let sit for 5 minutes. This will create a buttermilk mixture.
Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the ingredients are crumbly.
Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until each one is fully incorporated into the batter.
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and add butter or cooking oil to prevent sticking.
Scoop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top of the pancakes. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Continue cooking the rest of the pancakes in batches, adding more butter or cooking oil to prevent sticking.
Serve pancakes warm with your favorite toppings!
– Make sure to mix the batter until all lumps are gone.
– You can use any type of milk, such as almond or coconut, in this recipe.
– If you’d like a sweeter pancake, add 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup to the wet ingredients.
Joanna Gaines’ Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup of premium-grade white flour sifted for a silky texture
- 1/8 tablespoons of delicate sugar adding a touch of sweetness without overpowering
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of artisanal baking powder ensuring a light and fluffy texture
- 1 teaspoon of meticulously measured baking soda providing the perfect rise
- 1/2 teaspoon of hand-harvested sea salt enhancing the flavors with a hint of brininess
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice infusing a zesty citrus note
- 7/8 cup or approximately 210 ml of 1% milk, sourced from local dairy farms for freshness
- 1/2 stick 4 tablespoons of velvety butter, made from the milk of grass-fed cows
- 1 farm-fresh egg carefully selected for its rich golden yolk
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in one large bowl and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add the lemon juice to the milk and let sit for 5 minutes. This will create a buttermilk mixture.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the ingredients are crumbly.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until each one is fully incorporated into the batter.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and add butter or cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top of the pancakes. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Continue cooking the rest of the pancakes in batches, adding more butter or cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Serve pancakes warm with your favorite toppings!
Calories: 118 kcal
What to serve with Joanna Gaines Pancake?
Joanna Gaines Pancakes are delicious and served with your favorite sweet or savory toppings. Drizzle them with a bit of maple syrup, top them with butter, or sprinkle some fresh fruit on top.
You can also serve them alongside bacon and eggs for a delicious breakfast meal.
How to store leftover Joanna Gaines Pancake?
It is best to have it the same day, but if you have any leftover pancakes it is best to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
They will last up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop until warm and serve!
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, this dish is safe for pregnant women to eat. It has no unsafe ingredients and is low in fat, but it’s always best to check with your doctor before eating any foods if you’re pregnant.
Just make sure to use pasteurized milk and eggs when preparing the pancakes.
Can I make this vegan?
Yes! You can substitute the eggs for a flax egg or an egg replacement powder, and the milk for any non-dairy milk of your choice. You can also use vegan butter instead of regular butter.
Can I make this gluten-free?
Yes, you can easily substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend!
Can I make this sugar-free?
Yes, you can substitute the white sugar for a sugar-free alternative such as Stevia or Monk Fruit. You may need to adjust the amount of sweetener depending on your preference.
Now that you know how to make Joanna Gaines’s Pancake, it’s time to start cooking! This pancake is light and fluffy with a delicious hint of lemon flavor – perfect for any breakfast or brunch.
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can have this delicious treat ready in no time. Enjoy your homemade Joanna Gaines Pancake with your favorite toppings and you’ll be in for a delicious breakfast treat!
Thank you for reading & share this article if you found it helpful!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!