Last Updated on November 28, 2023
Costco is an American bakery, popular for its different food items. Among all of them, their Cranberry orange bisconie costco is a must-try. It’s an easy-to-make recipe with all the ingredients easily available in the market.
This delicious savory treat is suitable for breakfast, snacks, or even as a dessert. Just follow our simple steps and you can enjoy it at any time of the day.
However, making this amazing dish is very easy if you follow the recipe properly. Here is the recipe and all the details you would love to learn about to make this dish successfully.
Table of Contents
What Is Cranberry orange bisconie costco?
Cranberry orange bisconie costco is an American bakery, popular for its different food items. This dish is a mixture of sweet and tart flavors. It is made with fresh cranberries and orange zest mixed together with all-purpose flour to make the dough, which is then shaped into small balls and baked.
This dish is incredibly delicious and can be enjoyed as a breakfast item, snack, or even a dessert. Besides, it is a favorite recipe among kids as well. Also, this dish is very economical and easy to make.
Where Did I First Try Cranberry orange bisconie costco?
I first tried this dish at Costco. It was love at first bite for me with the combination of flavors in it. The sweet and tart taste of cranberries with the orange zest just left me craving more. From then on, I wanted to try making it myself at home.
So I researched and found out that this dish is actually very easy to make if you get all the ingredients right which is easily available in the market. So I decided to give it a try and here I am with this delicious recipe for you.
However, you will get the taste of Cranberry, orange, and all other ingredients when you will taste it. Besides, the shape of these balconies is quite unique and they look really beautiful.
Eventually, this dish is a perfect combination of flavors and ingredients which will give you an experience that you can’t forget.
You can also checkout the following dessert Recipe :
- Zucchini bread recipe from the Barefoot Contessa
- Kermit’s recipe for key lime pie
- Fruit Cocktail Cake recipe from Del Monte
Cranberry: Cranberry is essential for this recipe as it adds sweet and tart flavor.
Flour: All-purpose flour is used to make the dough for the bisconie.
Sugar: This will provide sweetness to the dish.
Cold butter: The cold butter needs to be cubed and added to the flour.
Baking powder: This will help the bisconie to rise and become fluffy.
Melted butter: Melt the butter for brushing on top of the bisconie before baking it.
Baking soda: This is added to increase the leavening power of the dish.
Turbinado sugar: This will help to form a caramelized top.
Orange zest: Adding freshly grated orange zest will give the dish that citrus flavor.
Pearl sugar: This is added on top of the bisconie for decoration and sweetness.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk helps in making the dough more soft and tender.
Salt: This is added for flavor and to balance the sweetness of the dish.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles small crumbs. Add the buttermilk and orange zest. Mix until a soft dough forms.
Dust a surface with some flour and knead the dough gently for a few seconds. Roll out the dough into 1-inch thick circles. Cut 3-inch rounds from the dough and transfer them to an ungreased baking sheet.
Brush melted butter over the top of the bisconie and then sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or just as it is.
• Make sure to use cold butter as it helps in giving the bisconie a soft and light texture.
• If you don’t have buttermilk, then you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk.
• You can also experiment with different flavors for the bisconie. Adding lemon zest or cinnamon will give the dish a different flavor.
• The baking time may vary so keep an eye on your oven and adjust the timing accordingly.
• Serve the bisconie warm with some delicious toppings like honey, butter, cream cheese, jam, etc.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
You can make substitutions for most of the ingredients used in this recipe. For example, if you don’t have cranberries, you can use dried cherries or raisins instead. The same goes for the orange zest; you can replace it with lemon or lime zest.
You can also substitute the pear sugar with regular white sugar. Additionally, you can use almond milk instead of buttermilk and vegan butter instead of dairy-based butter.
Cranberry Orange Bisconie Costco Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 3 tsp of baking powder serving as a leavening agent, creating a light and airy texture in the baked goods, resulting in a delightful rise.
- 1/2 cup of sugar adding sweetness to the dough, balancing the tartness of the cranberries and enhancing the overall taste profile.
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of cold butter contributing a rich and buttery flavor to the dough, ensuring a flaky and tender texture in the final product.
- Double the amount of pearl sugar contributing a delightful crunch and sweetness to the surface of the baked goods, creating a visually appealing and texturally satisfying element.
- Double the amount of melted butter adding richness and moisture to the recipe, infusing the baked goods with a velvety and indulgent quality.
- 300 g of fresh cranberries vibrant and tart, adding a burst of tangy flavor to the recipe, creating a delightful contrast to the sweetness of the other ingredients and providing a visually appealing pop of color.
- 2 tsp of salt enhancing the overall taste of the recipe, balancing the sweetness and bringing out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- 2 tsp of orange zest adding a bright and citrusy aroma to the dough, infusing the baked goods with a refreshing and zesty flavor note.
- 1 tsp of baking soda another leavening agent that helps the dough rise and creates a lighter texture in the final product.
- 5 cups of flour serving as the main component of the dough, providing structure and a sturdy base for the baked goods, resulting in a satisfying texture.
- 2 cups of buttermilk adding moisture and tanginess to the dough, resulting in a tender and flavorful finished product.
- Double the amount of turbinado sugar providing a crunchy and caramel-like sweetness to the baked goods, creating a delightful texture and adding an extra touch of sweetness.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles small crumbs. Add the buttermilk and orange zest. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Dust a surface with some flour and knead the dough gently for a few seconds. Roll out the dough into 1-inch thick circles. Cut 3-inch rounds from the dough and transfer them to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the bisconie and then sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or just as it is.
- Serving size: 1 bisconie
- Calories: 115 kcal
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Fiber: 0.4 g
How to Store Cranberry orange bisconie costco?
Cranberry orange bisconie costco is best when served fresh and warm. However, you can store it for up to 1-2 days in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want them to last longer, then you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure that the bisconies are completely cooled before
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, provided that all the ingredients used are fresh and of good quality. Eventually, it depends on the individual’s health and dietary restrictions.
Is this dish gluten-free?
No, this dish contains flour which is not gluten-free. However, you can use a gluten-free flour blend to make the bisconie for a gluten-free version. Also, make sure to check the labels of other ingredients used in this recipe.
Is this recipe vegan-friendly?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan-friendly by using vegan butter and almond milk instead of dairy-based butter and buttermilk. Additionally, make sure to check the other ingredients as well for any animal products.
Is it necessary to use turbinado sugar?
Turbinado sugar helps in giving the finished product a nice crunch and caramel-like flavor. However, you can use regular white sugar as well. The choice is up to you.
How long do these bisconies last?
When stored properly, these bisconies will last up to 1-2 days at room temperature in an airtight container. If you want them to last longer, then you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure that the bisconies are completely cooled before storing them in the freezer.
Making Cranberry orange bisconie costco at home is a great way to indulge in delicious, warm, and buttery treats. With the help of this step-by-step guide, you can make these tasty bisconies easily and enjoy them with your family and friends.
Just remember to use cold butter for a soft and light texture and adjust the baking time accordingly. Serve them warm with your favorite topping and enjoy! And if you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Thanks for reading!