Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Introducing your family to a new and delicious meal doesn’t have to be hard—especially when it comes to Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie. This dish is packed with protein, flavor, and plenty of vegetables, making it perfect for a healthy dinner or lunch.
With just a few simple steps and ingredients you’ll have a delicious and healthy meal that your family will love. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie.
We’ll cover what ingredients you’ll need, a step-by-step guide on how to make it as well as what to serve it with. So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie?
Optavia is a weight loss program that focuses on eating small meals throughout the day. The dish we are discussing, Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie, is one of the meals from the program that emphasizes eating lean proteins and green vegetables for each meal.
This delicious pie is packed with lean ground beef, vegetables, cheese, and eggs to make it both flavorful and nutritious. The itself is fairly simple, so it’s perfect for weeknight dinners when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
What does it taste like?
This dish is a great way to get everyone excited about mealtime. The lean ground beef, vegetables, and cheese combine together to create a savory and flavorful pie that the whole family will love.
The melted cheddar cheese on top adds just the right amount of creaminess while the eggs help bind it all together. The vegetables also add an unexpected crunch and pop of color to the dish.
The mushrooms, onion, bell peppers, and zucchini all contribute a unique texture and flavor that will have everyone coming back for more. Plus, this dish is surprisingly light so it won’t leave you feeling weighed down after eating.
You Might Also Like These Dinner Recipes!
- Shrimp Cargot Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Cajun Ninja Pastalaya
- Recipe for Ina garten scalloped potatoes
How did I first get introduced to the Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie?
I was first introduced to the Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie when I decided to give the Optavia weight loss program a try. I had heard good things about it from friends who had already tried it with success, so I figured why not give it a shot?
The meal plan came with pre-measured portions and easy-to-follow recipes, and the Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie was one of the dishes that caught my eye. The combination of lean ground beef, vegetables, cheese, and eggs sounded flavorful enough to have me hooked.
I followed the instructions for the recipe closely and within minutes I had a tasty dinner on my plate! Everyone in my family loved it, and it quickly became a regular in our rotation.
I liked this dish so much because not only was it easy to make but also healthy. The lean ground beef and vegetables gave me plenty of protein while the melted cheese added just enough creaminess without adding too many calories.
Plus, I felt good knowing that I was eating something nutritious that would help me reach my weight loss goals.Since that day, the Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie has become one of my favorite dishes to make for dinner.
It’s simple enough to whip up on a weeknight but also tasty enough to serve as a main course for special occasions. Plus, it’s always a hit with the family!
How to make Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie?
Making Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie is easy and doesn’t take much time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lean ground beef: This is the main ingredient in this dish and it should be at least 93% lean.
- Onion: A flavorful addition to the pie, the onion will help bring out all of the other ingredients.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a wonderful flavor to this dish and provides many nutritional benefits when consumed.
- Mushrooms: These provide a meaty texture and flavor to the pie.
- Bell peppers: The addition of bell peppers will add a nice crunch and pop of color.
- Zucchini: This vegetable adds a unique texture to the dish, as well as additional nutrients.
- Reduced-fat cheddar cheese: A great way to get some creamy and cheesy flavor without adding too much fat or calories.
- Eggs: The eggs help bind everything together and add some protein to the dish.
- Low-fat milk: This helps keep the pie moist while baking, as well as adding additional calcium and protein.
- Salt and pepper: To taste
- Cooking spray: Used to grease the pan before adding in the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is fully cooked through. Then add in the onion, garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers, and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the beef and vegetable mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle with cheese and spread it evenly across the top.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour this egg mixture over the beef and vegetables in the pie dish.
Bake the pie for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
-Make sure to cook the ground beef until it is fully cooked through.
-Feel free to substitute any vegetables of your choice according to what you have on hand.
-If you want a crispier crust, try baking it in an oven-proof skillet instead of a pie dish.
-For added flavor, try adding some finely chopped herbs or spices such as oregano, parsley, or cumin.
Optavia Lean And Green Cheeseburger Pie
- baking dish
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at least 93% lean)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is fully cooked through. Then add in the onion, garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers, and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the beef and vegetable mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle with cheese and spread it evenly across the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour this egg mixture over the beef and vegetables in the pie dish.
- Bake the pie for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugars: 3g
What to serve with Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie?
This dish is hearty enough to be enjoyed as a standalone meal, but you can also serve it with some side dishes if you want to make it more of a complete meal.
Some great options include roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, a salad, or even some freshly baked bread. You could also top the pie with some additional cheese or herbs for added flavor.
How to store leftover Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie?
Leftover Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to reheat it, simply pop it back into the oven at 350°F until it is heated through. We don’t suggest storing it for more than 3 days. the vegetables might lose their flavor and texture.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy this dish as long as they make sure to cook the ground beef well. Eating undercooked ground beef can increase the risk of foodborne illnesses, so be sure to cook it until it is fully cooked through.
The rest of the ingredients are safe for pregnant women to consume in moderation and following the recipe instructions closely will ensure that the dish is cooked safely.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the pie in advance and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it.
Is this dish gluten-free?
Yes, this dish is naturally gluten-free! Just make sure to double-check the ingredient labels for any potential sources of gluten.
Can I use ground turkey instead of beef?
Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey. Just make sure to cook it until it is fully cooked through.
Is this dish healthy?
Yes, this dish is very nutritious! It’s loaded with lean protein and plenty of vegetables, making it a great option for those looking to eat healthier. Plus, you’ll get plenty of fiber and other nutrients.
This Optavia Lean and Green Cheeseburger Pie recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy a classic favorite in a healthier way. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for busy weeknights! Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.
We hope you found this article helpful. Please share this article with your friends and family so they can enjoy this dish too! Thanks for reading.