Last Updated on November 25, 2023
What about making something special for dinner tonight? Barefoot Contessa turkey burgers are a great way to make a delicious and satisfying meal. This recipe is easy to prepare, full of flavor, and very budget-friendly.
Plus, you can dress up the burgers with your favorite condiments or just enjoy them on their own. Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burgers are juicy, full of flavor, and make a great meal. The combination of ingredients creates a delicious patty that is lightly spiced and flavorful.
In this article, you will learn about the ingredients, cooking tips, nutrition information, and how to store leftover burgers & more. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What Is a Barefoot Contessa turkey burger?
A Barefoot Contessa turkey burger is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that utilizes lean ground turkey, parsley, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Kosher salt, and cayenne pepper.
All these ingredients come together to create a flavorful patty that goes great with your favorite buns and condiments. The ground turkey is mixed with parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and spices to create a flavorful patty.
The egg helps bind the ingredients together to make sure that the burgers stay together when cooking.
Where Did I First Try barefoot contessa turkey burger?
I first tried a Barefoot Contessa turkey burger at a friend’s house. She had made them for dinner one night and they were delicious. I was immediately impressed with the combination of ingredients and the overall flavor of the burgers.
The ground turkey was juicy and tender, while the parsley gave it a nice zesty flavor. Plus, the Worcestershire sauce gave it a savory depth of flavor that was really enjoyable.
I asked her for the recipe and she kindly shared that it was from the website called Barefoot Contessa. I went to the website and was able to find the recipe quickly since it was very easy to follow.
After I read the instructions, I knew that these burgers would be a great option for dinner any night of the week. Plus, they were budget friendly which made them even more appealing.
I was excited to try making them myself and couldn’t wait to taste the results.
The next day, I went to the store and got all the ingredients needed and the following night I made them for my family. Everyone loved them and I even got requests for seconds.
Since that first time, I have made Barefoot Contessa turkey burgers many times and they are always a hit. They are easy to make and very flavorful so it’s not hard to understand why everyone loves them.
You can also read the following appetizer recipes:
- Barefoot Contessa Tea Sandwiches
- Alfajores de Maicena Copycat Recipe
- Recipe for Barefoot Contessa Tuna Casserole
- Ground turkey: Without this ingredient, you can not think of making a Barefoot Contessa turkey burger. You need lean ground turkey for making the patties.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley is essential to make the burgers flavorful and zesty. Again, you can alternate using dried parsley for making this recipe.
- Egg: One egg is needed to help bind the ingredients together and make sure that the burgers hold their shape when cooking.
- Worcestershire sauce: This ingredient adds a savory depth of flavor and helps to bring all the other flavors together.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, Kosher salt, and cayenne pepper: These ingredients are necessary for adding flavor and spice to the burgers.
- Vegetable cooking oil: This is needed to cook the burgers in a skillet.
- Buns: If desired, you can serve your turkey burgers on buns with your favorite condiments.
- Tomato, leafy green, cucumber, bbq sauce, etc: For the topping.
In a bowl, mix together the turkey, parsley, egg, and Worcestershire sauce. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, Kosher salt, and cayenne pepper and mix to combine.
Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, form the mixture into four patties and place in the skillet.
Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature should read 165°F).
Serve on buns with your favorite condiments. And, you can also enjoy these burgers on their own as a light and tasty meal.
• Make sure that the skillet is hot before adding the burgers. This helps to ensure a golden-brown and crispy patty.
• Don’t press down on the patties while cooking, as this can cause them to become tough and led to dry burgers.
• Don’t overcrowd the skillet when cooking the burgers. This can lead to uneven cooking and soggy patties.
• If you are not serving them on buns, you can also enjoy these burgers as a light meal with some sides.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
• You can use flax egg instead of a regular egg to make the burgers vegan-friendly. These can be made with ground chicken or turkey as well.
• If you don’t have Worcestershire sauce on hand, try using soy sauce or tamari instead to have a similar flavor.
• You can substitute the garlic powder and onion powder with minced fresh garlic and onions if desired.
• For extra heat, you can add more cayenne pepper or some chili flakes to the mix.
Barefoot Contessa Turkey Burger Recipe
- large skillet
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder – imparts a subtle and sweet onion essence to enhance the overall taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt – enhances the flavors of all the ingredients and brings out the natural taste of the turkey.
- 1/2 lightly beaten egg – a binding agent that brings moisture and richness to the burger patty.
- Buns for burgers – soft and pillowy the perfect vessel to hold your mouthwatering creation.
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce – a savory condiment that adds a tangy and umami kick to the burger patty.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder – infuses the burger with a delightful aroma and a hint of garlicky flavor.
- 1/8 pound of lean ground turkey – a tender and flavorful protein option that adds a healthy twist to your burger.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley – finely chopped adding a vibrant and refreshing herbaceous taste.
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper – adds a touch of mild heat and a subtle complexity to the burger keeping your taste buds intrigued.
- Vegetable cooking oil – for a crisp and golden exterior providing a delicious texture to the burger.
- In a bowl, mix together the turkey, parsley, egg, and Worcestershire sauce. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, Kosher salt, and cayenne pepper and mix to combine.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, form the mixture into four patties and place in the skillet.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature should read 165°F).
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments. And, you can also enjoy these burgers on their own as a light and tasty meal.
- Make sure that the skillet is hot before adding the burgers. This helps to ensure a golden-brown and crispy patty.
- Don’t press down on the patties while cooking, as this can cause them to become tough and led to dry burgers.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet when cooking the burgers. This can lead to uneven cooking and soggy patties.
- If you are not serving them on buns, you can also enjoy these burgers as a light meal with some sides.
A single Barefoot Contessa turkey burger patty has around:
Saturated Fat: 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 694IU
Vitamin C: 10mg
How to Store Leftover Barefoot Contessa turkey burger?
You can turkey burger patties in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
To reheat, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then cook in a preheated skillet or oven until warmed through (internal temperature should read 165°F).
Is the Barefoot Contessa turkey burger healthy?
Yes, this recipe is a healthier alternative to regular beef burgers as it is lower in fat and calories and also high in protein. Plus, the addition of parsley and other spices adds additional nutrients to the burgers.
Can I make these burgers vegan?
Yes, you can use a flax egg instead of a regular egg to make the burgers vegan-friendly. Other than that, you can also substitute the ground turkey with ground chicken or another meat alternative as desired.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, as long as the turkey is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, this recipe is safe for pregnant women to eat.
Can I substitute the ground turkey for something else?
Yes, you can use ground chicken or beef if desired, however, the cooking time may vary. As always, make sure that whatever meat you are using is cooked through before eating.
So, do you think you can make this dish at home? It is very easy and the results are amazing! Barefoot Contessa turkey burgers are juicy, flavorful, and healthy. Plus, you can dress them up with your favorite buns and condiments to make a delicious dinner for any night of the week.
Therefore, if you are looking for an easy and delicious dinner recipe that everyone will love, try out the Barefoot Contessa turkey burger! You won’t be disappointed.
Make sure to share this recipe with friends and family! So they can enjoy this delicious burger. Thank you for reading.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.