Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Did you ever try the most popular dish from Costco Stores? If not, then you must try out this amazing dish called the cranberry jalapeno dip. It is a delicious and savory dip that can be served with chips or other snacks as an appetizer.
However, I’ve recreated this popular premade dip of Costco’s so you can whip up right in your own kitchen.
Making this dish is quite easy. All you need to do is mix together some simple ingredients to create the flavorful dip that will make your guests come back for more.
Table of Contents
What Is the cranberry jalapeno Dip Costco?
The cranberry jalapeno dip Costco recipe is a delicious, sweet, and spicy dip that is great for serving with chips or other snacks as an appetizer. It is made using cranberries, cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, green onions, cilantro, lemon juice, and sugar.
The combination of the ingredients makes it a unique and flavorful dip that your guests will love. You can serve it with chips, vegetables or fried chicken.
I first tried the cranberry jalapeno dip at Costco after buying the readymade can of cranberry dip from there. The dip was delicious and I wanted to try making it at home.
After doing some research online, I came across the recipe for cranberry jalapeno dip Costco which seemed easy enough to make. So, I decided to give it a go and see how it turned out.
I got the ingredients from my local grocery store. I was surprised to find that the ingredients needed for this recipe were quite easy to get my hands on. All in all, it took me around 30 minutes from start to finish to make this delicious dip.
It was a hit at my party and everyone loved the flavor. It was sweet, spicy, creamy, and tangy all at the same time. Besides, it was easy to make and didn’t require any special ingredients or skills.
You May Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes:
- Recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Steak Sandwich”
- Don pepino pizza sauce copycat recipe
- Casa ole green sauce recipe copycat
- Fresh or frozen cranberries: It is the main ingredient in this recipe that adds tartness to the dip.
- Green onions: You will need green onions for a delicious onion flavor.
- Lemon juice: It adds a wonderful tartness and brightness to the dip.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt will do for seasoning.
- Cream cheese: The cream cheese helps in making the dip creamy and smooth.
- Jalapeno peppers: For that perfect spicy kick, you need jalapeno peppers.
- Cilantro: Cilantro adds a wonderful flavor to the dish and also helps in making it more vibrant in color.
- Granulated sugar: Sugar sweetens up the dip and makes it even more delicious.
Drop the cranberries into a food processor and give them a few pulses until they form coarse pieces. Scoop everything out of the processor into a big bowl.
In a bowl, combine together the green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, sugar, lemon juice and salt. After mixing them thoroughly, let them sit for 15 minutes in order to combine the flavors.
Spread a generous layer of cream cheese on your lovely serving platter or shallow dish to finish off this delicious treat!
Next, add the cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese, making sure it is completely covered.
Now, serve it with your favorite food.
Here are some tips that can help you make this cranberry jalapeno dip Costco recipe successfully:
• It is important to make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature before making this dip, otherwise it won’t mix properly with the other ingredients.
• When chopping jalapeno peppers, make sure to wear rubber gloves so as not to get any of the spicy oil onto your hands or eyes.
• If you want to make the dip spicier, then you can add more jalapeno peppers.
• The dip tastes great when served chilled, so it is recommended to keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving it to your guests.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have any of the ingredients required for this recipe, then there are some replacements or substitutions that can be used:
• Instead of green onions, you can use red onions.
• If you don’t have jalapeno peppers handy, then you can substitute them with chopped bell peppers.
• If you don’t have cream cheese, then you can use cottage cheese or ricotta cheese as a substitute.
• You can also add some diced tomatoes to the dip for extra flavor and color.
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip Costco Recipe
- Food processor, etc
- 6 Ounces Plump and Juicy Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons Handpicked Green Onions Sliced with Artisanal Precision
- 1/2 Tablespoon Essence of Sun-Kissed Lemon Juice
- A Whisper of Pristine Salt Crystals approximately 1/8 Teaspoon
- 1 Package 4 Ounces Small-Batch Crafted Cream Cheese
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Meticulously Seeded and Finely Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro Harvested Under the Morning Sun
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Drop the cranberries into a food processor and give them a few pulses until they form coarse pieces. Scoop everything out of the processor into a big bowl.
- In a bowl, combine together the green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, sugar, lemon juice and salt. After mixing them thoroughly, let them sit for 15 minutes in order to combine the flavors.
- Spread a generous layer of cream cheese on your lovely serving platter or shallow dish to finish off this delicious treat!
- Next, add the cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese, making sure it is completely covered.
- Now, serve it with your favorite food.
- It is important to make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature before making this dip, otherwise it won’t mix properly with the other ingredients.
- When chopping jalapeno peppers, make sure to wear rubber gloves so as not to get any of the spicy oil onto your hands or eyes.
- If you want to make the dip spicier, then you can add more jalapeno peppers.
- The dip tastes great when served chilled, so it is recommended to keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving it to your guests.
One serving of cranberry jalapeno dip Costco contains approximately:
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 3g
How to Store Leftover cranberry jalapeno dip Costco?
The leftover cranberry jalapeno dip Costco can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Make sure you store it away from other foods that have strong odors as the taste of the dip can easily get absorbed by them. You can also freeze the dip in a sealed Ziploc bag for up to 2 months.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat this dip. However, it is recommended to avoid adding too many jalapeno peppers or any other spicy ingredients as they can be harmful to the baby.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Also, you can freeze the dip in a sealed Ziploc bag for up to 2 months.
What are other ways to serve this dip?
You can serve this dip with chips, crackers, chopped veggies, or even breadsticks. It also makes a great topping for burgers and hot dogs. You can get creative with it and use it as a dip for other dishes like nachos, tacos, and more.
Is this healthy?
Yes, this dip is quite healthy as it contains natural ingredients like cranberries, green onions, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. It does contain cream cheese and sugar but in moderation. So, it can make a great snack or appetizer when eaten in moderation.
Thank you for reading this guide on how to make cranberry jalapeno dip at Costco. This dip is sure to be a hit at any party or gathering with its unique and delicious flavor.
With the right ingredients, you can easily put together this crowd-pleaser in no time. So, give it a try and let us know what you think!
Do not forget to share this article with your friends and family for more easy and delicious recipes.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- French Vanilla Shake Copycat Recipes
- Recipe for Gorditas De Azucar
- Recipe of Ina Garten Pumpkin Bread
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.