Last Updated on August 19, 2023
This flavorful and easy-to-make footprints rasta pasta dish is the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
The combination of jerk seasoning, cheese, and the creamy sauce comes together to create a delicious Jamaican dish that will have your family coming back for more!
This is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Read on to find out how you can make this delicious dish for your own family & learn every detail regarding this dish.
Table of Contents
What is Footprints Rasta Pasta?
Footprints Rasta Pasta is an easy and delicious Jamaican dish that combines the flavors of jerk seasoning, cheese, and creamy sauce. This dish is full of flavor and sure to be a hit with any crowd!
This dish comes together quickly and easily with just a few simple ingredients you likey have in your pantry.
The chicken is seasoned with jerk seasonings, cooked with the other ingredients and simmered until everything comes together to create a creamy and flavorful dish that will be sure to please even the pickiest eater!
What does it taste like?
Footprints Rasta Pasta is a flavorful and creamy dish that bursts with flavors of jerk seasoning, cheese, and creamy sauce.
The chicken is marinated in a blend of spices to give it an amazing kick of flavor while the red peppers add a nice sweet taste. The grated cheese adds creaminess to the dish and helps to create a silky sauce.
This dish has a wide variety of flavors that come together to create a unique and delicious Italian-Jamaican fusion.
The jerk seasoning adds the perfect balance of heat while the cheese adds creaminess and richness. The red peppers add sweetness and provide an extra pop of flavor that really makes this dish stand out.
How did I first get introduced to the Footprints Rasta Pasta?
I first got introduced to Footprints Rasta Pasta when I visited the American restaurant, Footprints. The restaurant was known for its authentic Jamaican-style dishes and this one in particular caught my eye. As soon as I saw it on the menu, I knew I had to try it!
When the dish arrived at our table, I was in awe of its presentation. The chicken was coated with a flavorful jerk seasoning and the red peppers added a nice pop of color to the dish. But what truly grabbed my attention was the creamy sauce that had been lovingly poured over the top.
The very first bite transported me back to Jamaica, where I had spent some time exploring during college. The flavors of the jerk seasonings were bold and flavorful, yet balanced with the creaminess of the sauce. The red peppers added a sweetness that really brought out all of the flavors in the dish.
As I finished off my plate, I knew I had to try and recreate this dish at home. With some trial and error, I was able to perfect it and now I’m happy to share it with you! So, let’s get started on this delicious Footprints Rasta Pasta dish.
How to make Footprints Rasta Pasta?
Making Footprints Rasta Pasta is surprisingly easy and will only take only a few minutes. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions below for this dish:
You can also read the following appetizer recipes:
- Recipe of Applebee’s Beer Cheese Dip
- Werther’s-Style Popcorn Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille Copycat Recipe
- Mardi Gras chicken Publix
- Chicken breast: This is the main ingredient for this dish. It should be seasoned with jerk seasoning before cooking to give it a nice kick of flavor.
- Penne pasta: This is the type of pasta that will be used for this recipe. Make sure to cook it al dente for the best results.
- Olive oil: This will help to fry up the chicken and vegetables for the dish.
- Green onion: This will be used to give the dish a nice flavor and texture.
- Garlic clove: This ingredient will add a unique flavor to the dish.
- Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce Mix: This is what will give this dish its amazing Italian taste!
- Grated cheese: Cheese is always a must when it comes to Italian dishes. This will give the dish a nice creamy texture as well as flavor.
- Red peppers: Red peppers add a nice sweetness to the dish and pair perfectly with the jerk seasoning.
- Milk: Milk is essential for creating a creamy sauce.
- Jerk seasoning: The star of this dish, jerk seasoning adds an amazing kick that you won’t find in other Italian dishes.
Start by chopping the onion & garlic.
Season the chicken with jerk seasoning before setting aside.
Cook the pasta according to package instructions and set aside when done.
In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil and Add in the chicken cubes and cook through, set aside.
Then in the same skillet, sauté the green onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce Mix, red peppers, grated cheese, milk, and jerk seasoning.
Mix everything together and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and mix everything together.
Transfer the mixture to another dish, slice the chicken cubes top of it.
Serve warm with your favorite sides!
-If you like your pasta a bit spicy, feel free to add more jerk seasoning.
-You can also substitute the chicken for other proteins if desired.
-For extra creaminess, you can add some cream cheese or sour cream to the dish as well.
-Feel free to get creative with the ingredients and adjust them according to your taste preference!
Footprints Rasta Pasta Recipe
For The Chicken:
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 pound chicken breasts
For The Pasta:
- 2 cups Penne pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 stalk Green onion
- 1 large Garlic clove
- 1 pack Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce Mix
- 2 cups Grated cheese
- 2 bell red peppers
- 1 tsp Jerk seasoning
- 1 1/2 2 cups Milk
- Begin by finely dicing the onion and garlic.
- Next, season the chicken cubes with a generous dash of jerk seasoning before setting aside.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions, then set aside.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large skillet and add in the seasoned chicken cubes to cook through; reserve once cooked.
- Afterwards, sauté the green onion and garlic in the same skillet until fragrant. Stir in Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce Mix, red peppers, grated cheese, milk, and a sprinkle of jerk seasoning to create a robust creamy sauce.
- Let everything simmer together for about 5 minutes or until the sauce reaches an optimal consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and mix everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish, then top with the sliced chicken cubes.
- Serve this warm savory concoction with your favorite sides for a delicious dinner experience!
What to serve with Footprints Rasta Pasta?
Footprints Rasta Pasta pairs perfectly with a variety of side dishes. Some great options that would pair well with this dish are roasted vegetables, steamed green beans, or a mixed greens salad.
It can also be served with garlic bread or toasted Italian bread for a complete meal.
This dish can be served with different sauces like garlic aioli or pesto sauce to give it an extra boost of flavor.
How to store leftover Footprints Rasta Pasta?
If you have any leftover Footprints Rasta Pasta, it can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
It can also be frozen for up to 4 months. To reheat, simply thaw overnight before reheating in the microwave or on the stovetop until warmed through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy this dish as long as the chicken is cooked thoroughly and no raw ingredients are used. The sauce is already cooked so it should be safe for pregnant women to consume.
It is always important to consult a doctor if you have any questions or concerns before consuming any food while pregnant.
Can I make this dish vegetarian?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken for other proteins like tofu or tempeh to make this a vegetarian dish.
What type of cheese should I use for this?
Any type of grated cheese will work in this recipe. Popular options are Parmesan, mozzarella, or cheddar.
What other seasonings can I add to this dish?
You can add any of your favorite herbs and spices to the dish to give it an extra kick of flavor. Popular options are chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, or cumin.
Can I make this in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make this dish in a slow cooker. Just be sure to cook the pasta separately and add it to the slow cooker during the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time.
You know what they say, once you try Footprints Rasta Pasta, you’ll never go back to regular pasta again! Enjoy this unique and flavorful dish with your family and friends for a truly memorable dining experience.
Thank you for reading this article. I hope you found this information helpful and that you can now make this delicious Footprints Rasta Pasta dish yourself. Please share this article with others who may be interested!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Applebee’s Perfect Margarita Copycat Recipe
- Emeril’s Shrimp Etouffee Copycat Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak Recipe (Copycat Version)
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.